Monday, October 27, 2008

my problem with blogging

So I have put this off for a very long time. I used to think that my problem with a blog was that it wasn't private. I can't easily determine who reads it, and therefore it doesn't feel safe to me. But that's not my biggest problem with blogging. I suppose that my biggest problem with blogging is that it doesn't feel permanent. If I'm going to keep some kind of account of my life I should do it with a diary or a scrapbook. Or I should create some kind of electronic document saved on a disc or on my hard drive. This blogging thing seems like a waste to me... as if my daily thoughts are leaving my fingers and flying into cyberspace never to be seen again. I suppose that my blog will always be here... and that if I get really paranoid I can start printing each post for a notebook or some other such nonsense. But the real reason I'm starting this blog is because although I feel as if this is an imperfect form of record keeping, it is the only form of record keeping I am currently using. And I might as well do something rather then nothing... So here goes... my first blog post...

No comments: