I've been trying to think of something new to write here... but I don't have anything worth creating a whole blog post about. So since this is a blog about me, I'll just briefly discuss some of the random things that have been on my mind lately.
I can't wait till this election is over and done with. I'm tired of waiting. This election has been intensely interesting to me and it's right on the front of my brain so I find I am discussing it with various people throughout my day. It's hard for me not to be nosy... I want to ask everyone who they are voting for and why. I don't care who they are voting for, I just want to know what their reasons are. People are so fascinating! I also can't wait to see what the final outcome of Prop 8 is, even though I can't vote on that since I'm not a California resident. It's just hit the Adventist church so hard this time around. I love hearing people talk about what they believe.
My belly is expanding and I feel gratified by it. My baby is healthy and getting bigger and when I look in the mirror I can see the smooth roundness of my tummy... not the chunky fatness, but the hard smoothness that comes with pregnancy. I like that my belly-button sticks out like a lone dot on a map. At night I lay down and imagine that I can feel the baby moving around inside me. Sometimes I think I can feel it, but other times I think that it's just wishful thinking. I'll be able to feel it soon enough people tell me. :)
I can't wait till I'm done working... I love my job but I'm finding that I am really ready to make my home my main domain and focus. I want to raise my baby and clean my house and cook nice square healthy meals for my family. Jimmy and I had the most wonderful talk the other day about our future and our baby's future. We talked about our philosophies in raising children and many other topics... but mostly related to our future. I love it when we can take some time and talk like that. Sometimes it seems like we live together and take for granted that we need to spend alone time together. Sometimes I'm home reading or watching something on TV and he's playing computer games and doing homework and the whole evening goes by without us ever having discussed anything outside of finances and scheduling conflicts with the car. So I like it when we spend some intentional time together.
I'm drinking tons of lemon juice. I fill a glass with water then add two or three spoonfuls of fresh lemon juice and drink it down. I've heard that it helps dissolve kidney stones and heaven knows I need that! I'm sure, Erin, that I'm just ruining the enamel on my teeth from such acid intake, but it tastes really good and I hope it's doing something good in my poor kidneys!
Ok well that's it for now... hopefully next time I'll have something more interesting to share...
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I found this very interesting. It's nice to know the little things that make you the beautiful person that you are. love you.
I love to read your thoughts! I am so so so so so so excited that you have a blog, Lindsey! This means I get to watch your baby grow up, and be Mama's with you even when we are far apart!
Post a Comment