Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sun baby!






Today Emery and I went outside! Really Emery hasn't spent a whole lot of time outside. She was born in April and we spent some time with her outside last summer, but she was too little to do any kind of exploring. And it was kind of cold to spend any lengthy time outside in the winter. So since we've been cooped up inside for almost 5 days from being sick (yes Jimmy and I also caught the nasty bug that Emery got) and it was a sunny day today, I decided to put a blanket down in the backyard and let her do some exploring.
She LOVES being outside, but the funny thing is that she's afraid to leave the blanket. She crawls to the edge and puts her toe out... literally... just one toe... and touches the grass distainfully. Then pulls it back in and looks at me questioningly... like "Well? What are we gonna do now?" I even tried picking her up and setting her in the grass but when I started to put her down she lifted her feet and began to cry in protest.
I laughed and put her down on the blanket. Then I thought to myself... boy is Jimmy going to be disappointed if she turns out to be the kind of girly-girl who doesn't want to go outside for fear of getting her perfectly manicured toes dirty! :)
That would crack me up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like she takes after her Auntie Erin...it didn't stop HER in later life to love the out of doors and sports...Emery looks like she's loving the out of doors.