They told us at the vet that we needed to avoid taking the dogs out for walks or to public places until they have all their vaccines because there's a risk of them developing Kennel Cough (or something worse!). But our little Mini Aussie Shepherd (Shadow) is acting out because he's clearly not getting enough exercise. He's chewing things up like a crazy dog and sometimes he'll race from room to room with clearly too much energy. And when we pen them up at night, Watson will go right to sleep, but Shadow turns around and around in his crate and barks and whines for a few minutes. He's cleary not expending all his energy.
So this morning I decided to take them for a walk to see if I could help with that problem. Not too much risk of Kennel Cough in our neighborhood block right? So I strapped Emery into her stroller and put the dogs on their leashes and got ready to leave. But I couldn't even coax the dogs out the door! I had to actually carry them to the curb! But surely after we get going they'll get into it right? Wrong! We walked only two or three houses down and I was practically dragging them (and I mean that quite literally in Watson's case) down the street the whole time. If I gave their leashes any slack they turned around and raced back toward the house.
I've never seen such wimpy dogs... hopefully eventually when they get older they'll get bolder too. But for now... WIMPS!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahahahahaha - oh dear, that's too funny.
Post a Comment