So it's been a REALLY long time since I posted on my blog. The long and short of it is that I got pregnant again and for the first part of the pregnancy we weren't telling people yet... then when we were telling people I had morning sickness (which is a misnomer! I have it all day long!) and didn't feel like blogging. Then when my morning sickness went away I just didn't know where to start off again.
So instead of coming up with some spectacular way to start blogging again, I'm just going to start blogging again. Sorry about the 4-5 months of no posts. I hope that not all of you have abandoned me. :)
Anyway... Emery is doing well. She's learned a few words. Her favorite word is "Hot" which she says over and over again while she goes around the house. She also says milk, doggie, dada, and several others but they are incomprehensible to anyone but me. Her vocabulary is expanding greatly though.
She also knows how to point to her eyes, nose, mouth, ears, belly button, knees, elbows, and oddly, nipples. The last one is because she has recently become fascinated with my nipples whenever she sees them (since I bathe with her most days that's almost every day). This twist of irony is not lost on me since she had absolutely no interest in my nipples when she was SUPPOSED to... ie when she should have been breastfeeding.
She has lots of teeth but is currently struggling through getting her canines which is turning out to be more difficult then some of the other teeth, also more lengthy. She is also showing some strange signs of being clingy and cuddly lately which I attribute in part to a stage she's going through, and in part to a reaction to the pregnancy.
This pregnancy is, overall, much milder then the last one. However, I'm having to work much harder this time because being pregnant and keeping up with a toddler is a challenge! (Of course... I'm sure having an infant and a toddler at the same time is a breeze... hehe).
We also got two dogs... before I knew I was pregnant. They are both puppies and are keeping me very busy. They love to watch out the window to defend their territory and the smaller one (who isn't tall enough to see out the window from the floor) likes to sleep on the top of the couch. Yes, not on the part you sit on, but the very top, where your head goes. From there he has a very comfy perch and he can see out the window and the front and garage doors in case someone dares to approach.
Well I better not overwhelm you in this first post. But I'll do better about posting the interesting and exciting things going on in our lives (at least they're interesting and exciting to ME!).
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to see you writing again! I was just thinking the other day that it had been an awfully long time since I'd seen you post anything. Hope pregnancy is treating you well. When do you find out the sex? Its got to be getting close now, right?? :)
Love the update - keep 'em coming. :)
Post a Comment