Monday, June 15, 2009

sugarfree gum

So my little sister, the dental hygenist, is trying to convince me to start chewing sugarfree gum. I frankly don't like gum in any form, but if I have a choice I always choose the sugared variety. So yesterday I asked her why sugarfree gum is the way to go. And here's what she said:
I'll explain it to you like I explain it to a child...
When you eat you have to poop right? Well the bacteria in your mouth also have to poop when they eat. But they poop acid and the acid is harmful to your teeth. When you chew sugarfree gum it has a chemical in it that prevents the bacteria from pooping in your mouth. And then they get so constipated that they die. 
Thank you sister, for the vote of confidence in my intelligence...

2 comments:

elizabeth strehle said...

that was hilarious! I have a lasting visual seared into my brain. thanks for posting!

Nathalia said...

LOL LOL LOL.. that's the BEST explanation I've ever heard for something as "simple" as chewing sugarfree gum! Just awesome!! :)