Ok so I admit it, this post is a little bragging. I apologise to everyone. But I'm so proud of my little munchkin that I feel that every once in awhile, it's ok to say HURRAH! about your own offspring... but only every once in awhile.
So yesterday we were at the pediatricians office getting her 1 year checkup. In an effort to encourage parents to read to their children the office gives you a free board book when you go in for regular check-ups. So the doctor came in and handed me the book which I immediately handed to Emery. He asked me a question about something and I started talking but before I even got a sentence out he stopped me and said in a shocked voice, "Look! Look at what she's doing!"
What she was doing was opening the pages of the book and "talking" to herself as she pointed at the pictures on each page. This is completely normal behavior for her so it didn't seem odd to me, but he said, "Wow she's turning the pages! And she's pointing at things with her finger instead of her whole hand! She's really smart!"
"Well," I said, "We read to her every night and we let her turn the pages."
But inside I was bursting with pride! The pediatrician said my baby is really smart! Huzzah!
Of course... I knew that already. But it makes me feel great to hear it from someone else too. :)
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Of course she is smart. She comes from good stock!!!!!
It's so nice to get confirmation/affirmation from others on what you already suspect! Yay for smart little Emery.
Post a Comment