So this is the first time I've lived in a house as a married adult. Jimmy and I always resided in apartments before now. And I'm discovering something that never occured to me before.
All those people who live in houses with beautiful yards... their yards don't just grow like that!
Who knew?
Anyway... our yard is getting very scruffy looking. There's several bushes and flowers of random variety and besides the obvious rosebushes, I haven't the faintest clue what kind they are. They are growing out of control in the front yard and some of them look like they might have some kind of plant disease. But how would I know?
And did you know you have to mow your lawn like once a week for it to really look nice? You should see our house. On either side of us there are perfectly manicured lawns and neatly planted flowers and bushes, and our house in the middle looks like some kind of wilderness. You could say that we're going for the "natural" look.
Anyway... we have vague plans to change that look. Wish us luck!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This cracked me up. We still feel like such kids when it comes to making a yard look nice. Who knew it took such hard work!
Post a Comment