So in the past couple of days Emery and I have started doing one of the things I was most looking forward to about motherhood... doing things around the house together!
Of course, this means that it takes twice as long to do anything... sometimes three times longer, but it's worth it. Now I can do housework and spend quality time with my daughter at the same time!
Take laundry for example. When I go around the house to collect the laundry, Emery helps me pick up any clothes that got left on the floor, empty the laundry hamper, get the wash cloths, towels, and dish cloths from their various places, and load them into the washing machine. And she loves to push the button to start the washer. Then she "helps" move the clothes from the washer into the dryer. This consists of me handing her each wet item of clothing so she can shove them individually into the dryer. As you can imagine, this takes WAY longer then if I just did it myself. But it's also way more fun!
The folding and putting things away is even more fun! I fold one item, say a pair of underwear. And before I can grab another item to fold, Emery grabs the folded item and races into the bedroom to put it away. So I pick her up and open the correct drawer and she throws it in (usually its previously folded state is unrecognizable by this time) and then we go back out into the living room to fold one more thing. One pair of socks... put away in the bedroom. One dish cloth... put away in the kitchen. One shirt... hung in the closet (for this I pick her up so she can hang it on the rack). One towel... rushed to the bathroom. Etc...
Doing it this way takes FOREVER but it brings joy to my mama's heart.
And we do dishes this way, and pick up toys, and cook meals (Emery loves to help stir), and dust, and even sweep the floor!
And I love every minute.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This put a huge smile on my face. I LOVE that stage so so so so much.
Post a Comment