Emery has begun to exert her power of choice much more frequently lately. A lot of the time I am unable to give her what she wants when she "chooses" such as her constant requests for cheese (from the minute she wakes up till she goes to bed at night... that girl loves her cheese!) so when it's something that doesn't matter much, such as what she wears, it is my delight to let her make her own choices. I don't always agree with those choices, however.
Such is the case with her very favorite pair of pants in the whole world. It is a pair of silky pink pajama pants covered in fluffy poodles who are doing their hair and nails. It is the most nauseatingly girly thing you could imagine. Now I'm not exactly a tomboy, but I'm not really the girly-girl type either. I think the pants are adorable, but it amuses me greatly how much she is attracted to them. No matter where they are in the house, she will find them. She'll search through drawers, find them in the dirty laundry pile, find them in the clean laundry pile. And whatever she is wearing at the time she immediately removes in favor of her precious pink poodle pajama pants (like the alliteration there?). As a result we often find her shirt and pants clashing bizarrely. As was the case this morning when I snapped this picture.
My daughter is such a joy to me. I love how she makes me laugh!
1 comment:
Love this one, Lindsey! And oh, can I relate to it so well!
She is very cute in her clashing pink poodle pajama pants :)
Post a Comment