Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Nicknames

So babies tend to aquire nicknames quite quickly around my family. Emery already has quite a few. My favorite one, and the one that I feel fits her the best is "Snuffleupagus" after the sesame street character of the same name. She aquired this nickname because of the loud snuffling that she tends to do. She snuffles loudly when she's eating and she always gives some good loud snuffles when she's upset right before she lets out her first squawk. It's adorably cute and I'm ashamed to say that I have laughed at her distress more than once (as I tend to her needs of course...)

Another one she has aquired recently is "Wild Bill Hiccup" because she gets the hiccups about 4-5 times a day. This nickname is also one of my favorites just because it sounds so funny. :)

She also has this funny habit of lowering her eyelids halfway and peering at you suspiciously from the bottom half of her eyes. It looks similar to how an alligator would peer at you from it's vantage point halfway in the water. This habit has earned her the nickname "Mr. Magoo" and "Alligator." The Mr. Magoo nickname is a shout out to my dear cousin Michael who used to do the same thing as a baby. His Mr. Magoo nickname has followed him through his childhood and into his adult life. Sometimes at reunions we still hear people refer to him as Michael Magoo!
I'm sure more nicknames will come as she gets older... I'd love to hear some of your or your children's nicknames and the reasons behind them...

2 comments:

Deshiro said...

Aww!!! Snuffleupagus! That is so cute!!

^_^ I miss you guys and little Emery loads!

Sarah Jane said...

I call Kaydence 'Thumper', she kicks one leg when she is hopping mad!