Friday, December 4, 2009

prima-donna

This year I'm playing the part of Mary the mother of Jesus in the Christmas Cantata at my church. I have always prided myself on being a team player in a production. I come to all the practices, I never complain. If I'm singing a solo I also become part of the choir. I never bug the director about if I can leave... and if I have to miss practice, I let the director know ahead of time.

This year I have broken every one of my rules. I have missed at least half the practices. I have ducked out of practice early. I have complained about the length of rehearsals and my part in them, and I have declared that I can't sing in the choir. I hate it... I feel like such a prima-donna! And the reason... baby! It is impossible to be away from home that long when you have a baby! Our practices begin at the same time Emery goes to bed and sometimes Jimmy has meetings he can't avoid in the evenings. Not to mention the fact that I'm usually dead tired by that time of night. I simply can't do what I used to do.

Oh well... hopefully the director and the choir won't resent me...

No comments: