When did I stop being so curious and inquisitive about the world? When did I stop applying this scientific method to every new thing I came across? I wonder what new things I would learn if I tried it?
Sunday, December 27, 2009
scientific method
It's amazing to me the things that escape my notice. The shower curtain, for example. Today Emery looked at the shower curtain. She felt how it feels on her fingers. She gave it a good tug. She examined it from up close and at arms length. She flapped it around a little. Then she tasted it (the outer one... not the gross inside one!). She did the same with a stainless steel mixing bowl I gave her to play with today. She hit it and listened to the sound it makes when it rolls around on the linoleum. She picked it up and crashed it back down on the floor. She tasted it... (she tastes everything!) She turned it upside down and banged on it. She pushed it, threw it across the room and then picked it up again for more examination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Lindsey!
I bet it was fun to see her explore so much. I think children remind us to play and explore so we don't forget to see all that God has given us in his creation around us. Otherwise we would be too busy to see it.
Post a Comment