Ok that's it. I'm through complaining. When people ask me I have to tell them truthfully that my pregnancy has been fairly uneventful. I'm still right smack dab in the middle of the low-risk category for which I am profoundly grateful. And I try not to complain because of that... I just needed to vent here one time.......................................... ok now I'm done. No more complaining... I'm a lucky and happy pregnant girl. Thanks!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
6 more weeks
6 more weeks and I'm starting to get grumpier. I'm uncomfortable all the time and I'm tired and I have less tolerance for things that don't go my way. This pregnancy has been an almost entirely worry free experience. But now I'm noticing that as I get uncomfortable I am also starting to worry more. When I was sick I accepted this as a normal part of pregnancy... and then when I started to feel movement I also accepted this as normal. All the movements and all the little aches and pains I feel are all normal and I have had hardly a fleeting thought that there might be something wrong. But now the movements are hardly flutters and they are sometimes accompanied with alarming pains that take me by surprise! Ouch... is she supposed to kick my spine like that? I feel like there's a wedge in my back! Or a pinch in my bladder that feels quite unhealthy. And as my lower spine curves outward to accommodate the extra weight my upper spine curves inward causing my shoulders to hunch and ache. And my hips hurt when I lay on my side and my legs hurt when I lie on my back and my shoulders hurt when I'm sitting and my feet hurt when I'm standing... Not to mention all the stomach pains... it's either nausea or heartburn or both. I am always burping but it doesn't make me feel better. And I'm either hungry or stuffed and almost always thirsty but can't drink too much water or I'll get even sicker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
GO TO THE CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I KNOW you get your weekly massage. But please. Try a chiropractor. If there's anything that you can get adjusted now, it will totally help you in labor and postpartum.
Hey. I put about 50 million more exclamation points than that. Where'd they go?
Sometimes you just need to vent a little so you can go on to bearing things. Six more weeks! You can do it!
Ahhhh... I'm afraid of Chiropracters... and I'm even more afraid of chiropractic bills. Besides, if anyone at work found out... *shudder* haha! :) But if I start to feel any more weird pains I just might be driven to it...
Just say no to chiropractors. you should not have manipulation to your joints during pregnancy because of the laxity of your connective tissues. Get someone to do a low grade mobilization in that department of yours. Get in the pool and hang from a noodle under your arm pits and move and stretch slowly and gently.
Thank you for sharing your journey. I am sorry that you are so uncomfortable. I loved hearing about the last months of pregnancy.
sorry Harmony but you are hypermobile and shouldn't be getting manipulations either. you need to strengthen. enough said. :)
Ok, all these comments just crack me up.
I don't know anything about anything, but I'm praying for you. I know that. <3
Post a Comment