Sunday, February 15, 2009

The most wonderful weekend!

I have had the greatest weekend. Jimmy wasn't working for once... and on Valentines day he took me out to a nice restaurant and then to the Symphony. We got to the restaurant around 5:15 and stayed there till 7:30... we ate delicious food and talked and talked. It was so great just to sit and talk with him! They were doing a special thing at the symphony... it was songs from Hollywood and Broadway. The music was excellent to say the least! The two vocalists were both very famous and they were both outstanding. The conductor was a funny Asian man who jumped around on his podium when he got excited during the music, which was quite often. The symphony orchestra itself was wonderful. I was thrilled the whole time! Our seats were absolutely horrible... we were up so high that Jimmy kept pretending to check me for nosebleeds but we could hear just fine from where we were and both of us loved it! One of my friends, Sarah, lent me some maternity dresses so I actually got a little dressed up and I felt sort of fancy for the first time in months! Of course, during the course of the evening I used the bathroom 8 times, but who cares! When you're pregnant everyone is nicer to you, and sometimes they even let you cut in the line for the bathroom!
Then this morning we woke up and decided to go see the ice sculpture festival. We went into St. Joe and had fun walking up and down the streets. It was the perfect day for it... just hovering around freezing so the sculptures didn't melt, but sunny and clear otherwise. And to top it all off, there were individual competitors doing their sculptures so we were able to walk around and watch them as they carved the ice. A quick Hot Apple Cider in the Chocolate Cafe and we were ready to head home. But we stopped at Wal Mart first and Jimmy bought me a $15 ring that I can wear while I'm pregnant since my real wedding ring is far too small for my swollen fingers right now. And he also got me a watch, which I've been wanting for about 8 months now. Then we went home and relaxed together and watched a movie together... Ahhhhhh...
These are the times that fill me right up. My love and happiness cup overflows and I'm so thankful to God for all the blessings in my life. Hurrah... what a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

elizabeth strehle said...

Hurray for the beauty of love and quality time together. It sounds like Jimmy created a beautiful weekend for you to share in your love. What part of the romance did you create for him? I miss you two, well three!

Katie said...

That's just awesome. I love times like that.