Sunday, March 15, 2009
cherish
It is, I believe, every woman's deepest desire to be cherished. To be treated as if she is a precious treasure, to be protected, defended, and loved above all. Every woman wants to know that who she is inside and out is completely captivating and completely beautiful as a whole person. I hate to say this, but I also believe that most women want this desire to be met in a man. It is a husband's job to cherish and protect and love. It is his job to convey to his wife that she is captivating to him above all others. Of course, God is the ultimate "man" in this scenario. He is fully captivated by me and he created me in all my beauty (inside and out) and I believe that he treasures me. But I also want this from my husband. NO human husband can love and cherish as perfectly as God, yet we desire it nevertheless. When a woman close to me is not being treated this way by her husband it hurts me. Someone near to my heart has been mistreated and hurt. She has been trampled on and manipulated and sexually betrayed (more than once apparently). But she is afraid to leave and be alone. She can only feel this way because she does not know what it is like to be cherished. Better to be loved and protected and treasured by God alone and no man than to be continually mistreated and cheated on by some scumbag of a man. And so the cycle of abuse continues and she suffers and her children suffer and her parents suffer and her family weeps for her. And all we can do is pray...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How true we need to be loved and cherished. I am so sorry that your friend is going through such trials. Does she know that she is loved by God? That she is a remarkable woman of worth because God knew her before she was born and longs for her heart? I hope so, so that she can know that she is better than the treatment she is receiving.
Post a Comment