Wednesday, March 18, 2009

full-term

As of Friday my baby will be officially "medically" full-term. The due date still isn't for 3 weeks but starting Friday she will not be considered premature anymore. I'm feeling great! We have our hospital bags all packed and a host of wonderful baby things all ready for her. Her car seat is installed in the car and her co-sleeper/crib is all set up in our room.
I really do feel great! The baby has dropped a little lower into my pelvis so I feel like I can take more than 3 steps without puffing and I can eat a reasonably sized meal without feeling stuffed. And my heartburn is lessened. Of course I have to pee about 100 times a day and just as many times in the middle of the night but that's better than heartburn... trust me! And I waddle like a duck... it looks ridiculous!
I'm still, amazingly, sleeping well at night. Aside from my many zombie-like trips to the bathroom I'm not tossing and turning at night and I've started to train myself to sleep on my side now so I don't wake up on my back anymore. In fact, Jimmy complains that I've started snoring and it keeps him awake... poor Jimmy!
I've been training the new person at work for almost two weeks now so I feel like the responsibility of the job is now on the shoulders of the new person. Tomorrow will be my last full-time day at work. The next couple of weeks I will be coming in only part-time to make sure the new lady gets all her questions answered. So my level of work-related stress has dropped dramatically.
I feel happy and comfortable and perfectly content with my life. My favorite thing to do is sit on my couch with my shirt pulled up so I can watch my tummy moving around. I could not ask for a more blessed life.
Thank you God for my blessed life!