Tuesday, March 10, 2009

midnight frustrations

Last night in the middle of the night during one of my many trips to the bathroom, in my half-asleep stupor, in the dark, I knocked over a nearly-full glass of water that was sitting on the nightstand next to the bed directly onto the mattress. It soaked the mattress and the sheets and the duvet and my pillow. I made a loud exclamation of frustration and anger (at myself) as I tried to think of a solution. Jimmy heard me, asked what had happened, then without a word grabbed his pillow and went out to the couch to sleep, letting me have his side of the bed.

I love my husband…

4 comments:

madamraspberry said...

Oh no! I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Harmony Moore said...

This cracked me up. I thought of how our mattress has been wet and stained and wet and stained throughout pregnancy and babies. I knew David had crossed the threshold into Fatherhood when he silently placed a towel over an infant pee spot, and slept thereupon. (I dare say that was at about the third child...) It took a long time, but he really didn't have a choice but to get used to it-- pee and poop and puke and milk are one summary of baby days! Nothing is unaffected. =)

elizabeth strehle said...

Jimmy is so awesome. He knew exactly what to so that would enable both of you to get back to sleep with out worries.

Erin said...

That was nice of him. I agree that it was a strategic move though. Who really wants to get up and change the sheets in the middle of the night anyways? I give him props for a kind gesture and smarts. Love you sis and I'll see you soon.