Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Potty training!

So Jimmy and Emery and I have foraged into the wonderful and frightening new world of potty training! I found this wonderful book called "Diaper-Free before 3." This lady has done a bunch of studies showing that earlier potty training is actually easier on the parents and the child and reduces a lot of health risks. So we're giving it a try.
So we went out and bought a little potty yesterday at WalMart and Emery has already successfully gone "peepee" in it. Woo hoo!
Wish us luck!

3 comments:

heidileanne said...

This makes me so happy to see! :) Good luck with the potty training adventure. I know how much work it is, but hopefully it will be easier for you and Emery since she's younger than when we started.

madamraspberry said...

Wow - YAY Emery.

Callie said...

Good luck. I can say with confidence that potty training is the WORST part of parenting I have yet experienced. I don't want to scare you. I feel all alone in the fact that my kid has tons of accidents. She'll go days and days without a problem and then... all hell breaks loose.