But it's our last Sabbath at the Passage and I am taking a moment (while my daughter looks wide-eyed at the world with no inclination to sleep) to remember my time here. When I came here I had just gotten married and moved across the country. I couldn't find a job no matter how hard I looked so I spent most of my days sitting at home on the computer and talking with my family on the phone. I was in desperate need of friends. I was taking exactly two classes. In one of my classes I met Heather Martinez (although she wasn't Martinez back then) and after sitting with her for several weeks she shyly invited me to her church. She didn't need to be so shy, I jumped on the invitation. We had been to PMC and although we loved hearing Dwight Nelson speak, the sheer size of the church prevented the welcoming family atmosphere that I craved.
That first week at the Passage we were greeted warmly by everyone. We received two lunch invitations and two apologies from people who were unable to invite us for lunch that week but would like to have us over in the future.
I knew from that point on that I would be loyal to the Passage till I left Andrews.
And I have...
And I will miss it...
1 comment:
Oh Lindsey, we're going to miss you so much. May God send you exactly what you need there, just as He did here.
Post a Comment