I'm surprised at my own body's resilience. I have never been good at not getting enough sleep. It used to be that I could barely function with less than 8 hours sleep. It's past three weeks now that I haven't gotten more than 3 hours sleep in one stretch and I'm surprisingly doing ok. Don't get me wrong... I'm completely exhausted! But when Emery cries, although I may be grumpy, I do always get up and feed her and usually after the first two minutes of grumpiness I actually enjoy my tired intimate nighttime moments with her. I don't enjoy it when she has very little interest in going back to sleep right away, or when she's fussy for no apparent reason, but overall she's a pretty good baby and most nights she's getting better at eating and then going right back to sleep.
Too bad last night wasn't one of those nights...
I'm so tired...
So I'm going to go take a nap now...
3 comments:
Oh Lindsey. I know exactly how you feel. The exhaustion is so pervasive, you just learn to go on despite. God made those baby days so full of wonder, that we really do surprise ourselves with how much we can handle (or how little, depending on the subject at hand).
I have such beautiful memories of nursing Solomon in the night. It was so hard to pull myself out of sleep most of the time, but it was absolutely magical to watch him in the moonlight. With the next two, I just rolled over and gave them a breast, so most of the romance was gone. ;)
Where is Emery sleeping? What are your night feedings like?
I hope that you can take naps when Emery naps. Does being a momma make you appreciate your momma more for certain things now?
Absolutely Elizabeth! I love my momma for all that she did for me when I was a baby, and all that she is doing to help me be a momma now! :)
Post a Comment