So we're potty training in my house right now. Emery is doing quite well! I'll spare you the gory details, lets just say there's a potty in the living room and Sesame Street is my friend. And between the potty training, and the MRSA and the regular gross stuff you have to deal with when you're keeping house and watching two kids I'm washing my hands about 100 times a day! And they're starting to dry out and get cracked...
But I'm getting way off track here...
Anyway, because we're potty training, Emery is drinking tons of fluids and she goes pee in her potty about every 15-20 minutes. And every time she goes potty we do a little happy potty dance with our hands in the air saying "YAY Emery!" Then we go dump the contents of the little potty into the grownup potty and pick out a sticker. Then we put the sticker on the potty sticker chart and do another little happy potty dance! It's quite a hullabaloo every 15 or 20 minutes... really.
Well Warren is a little cuddle bug and every time he wakes up he wants to nurse. So today he would get nursing and then Emery would go in her potty and I would have to either interrupt him and set him down with a surprised look on his face while I did the potty routine, or I'd try to do the routine with him still attached and squirming in protest. He was not happy about either one of these options. But tough luck kid... when you're not the first child you don't always get first priority.
Well I was telling this to Jimmy when he came home for lunch as we passed the fussy squirming infant between us while simultaneously eating lunch, and, of course, every 15-20 minutes, doing the potty routine.
"Well" he said, winking at me from behind the baby he was juggling and the food he was trying to eat, "I might be upset if my mealtimes were constantly interrupted too."
Hahahahaha!!!
I love my husband. :)
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute! :)
Post a Comment