My precious boy is one month old tomorrow. And I am loving every minute of him!
Emery was a pretty difficult baby. She didn't want to be held, she wouldn't be comforted and spent hours crying for no reason. She wouldn't breastfeed, would barely take a bottle, and the doctors worried and worried because she was so underweight. Plus, we were moving when she was born and Jimmy left for 4 months of field-school/army training when she was 3 weeks old. And because of her constant crying I felt like a failure as a mother, and her inability to breastfeed shocked and devastated me. Her infancy was a huge challenge for me.
Don't get me wrong, I loved my little girl with all my heart, (and still do!) but my memories of her infancy have bitter as well as sweet memories associated with them.
Warren, on the other hand, is a relatively easy baby. He breastfed with absolutely no problems from the minute he was born, even navigating the challenging engorgement phase with no problems. He is gaining weight like a champ! He weighed 7 lbs 10 oz when he was born and now he weights 9 lbs 11 oz. He did get MRSA, but despite my worst fears, it appears to be going away with relatively little harm to him at all.
I feel a deep satisfaction that he's gained so much weight with only breastmilk to eat. I think a part of me felt so inadequate with Emery and that part is healing now.
I find myself bragging about him to people who don't care... I'm one of THOSE moms! (haha!)
And when I look at him there's something deep deep inside me that loves him so much it hurts me. I feel that way about Emery now, but it took much longer with her. Sometimes I'm brought to tears just by looking at his sleeping face.
I love my little boy. So very much.
Thank you God, for my children. My darling girl, my sweet boy. Thank you. Thank you.
1 comment:
This makes me want to have another baby! Don't tell Andy... LOL!
Post a Comment