Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Surprise Warren!

Because I'm nursing I'm always thirsty these days. I suppose that since Warren is taking so much liquid from me, I need that much more. Jimmy grumpily accuses me of becoming a camel sometimes when he's fetching me another glass of water from the kitchen as I nurse. I try to keep a big tall glass of water right next to my rocking chair so I can drink from it whenever I need. Well today I set Warren on the floor to play and Emery was playing with the new mini "kitchen" my mom got her for her birthday. Emery stopped to go potty and I got up from my rocking chair to assist with the potty routine. As I got up my arm knocked the glass of water. It was like watching it in slow motion. The glass tipping, Warren's open, happy, unsuspecting face, the cold water pouring down, and the inevitable splash! The poor guy just looked shocked for a split second before he let out a huge wail. I got him squarely in the face and he was soaked from his shoulders to the top of his dripping head! I couldn't supress the laugh I felt as I cuddled him and changed his clothes. Poor little guy.

No comments: